Wednesday, February 3, 2010
A friend asked me if there was a way to convert .swf to .flv for free. So here's my thinking:
Requires: Snow Leopard
1. Launch Quicktime X (yes, yes I know...but it's useful for this one thing)
2. Hit Control+Command+N for New Screen Recording.
3. Hit the downward-pointing arrow and set your recording settings to what suits you.
3. Play the .swf
4. Hit Command+Control+Escape to stop the recording.
5. Bring the h.264 into FCP and crop it.
6. Export then transcode to .flv.
The file will likely be larger than the original .swf since .swf isn't a video format per se, and .flv is.