Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Sometimes I find myself editing while on the road or in some building and I can't always be sure that the computer I'm editing on won't suddenly be seen as merely a convenient Facebook or Twitter access node so, provided I have admin access, I like to enable the Lock Screen menu item.
01) Hit Command + Shift + U to open up the Utilities folder.
02) Tap "K" to highlight Keychain Access.
03) Hit Command + O to launch it.
04) Hit Command + Comma to open the prefs.
05) Tick "Show Status in Menu Bar".
06 Hit Command + W, then Command + Q to close out and quit Keychain access.
Now you can just go there, click and select Lock Screen and walk away knowing there's at least something between you and any idle fingers.